Please give feedback on the manual, we are working on it and need to know where the problems are.
Note that the howto was kept on one single site in order to be able to export the tutorial as a pdf manual.
THE PART BELOW THIS LINE IS KEPT ONLY FOR THE RECORD, IT IS NO MORE UPTODATE:
To develop on JGrass you need 2 things to start:
1) the udig development environment + some additional plugins needed by JGrass
There is a very nice quickguide from the udig community here to get started.
We supply the target platform needed to develop. This is the udig sdk plus some more plugins added that are needed by JGrass. These are from the eclipse framework, mainly due to the fact that we have a console and this one needs some editor addons.
You can get this all here just choose the latest. The content of this has to be set as target platform in your eclipse plugin development environment.
2) the whole infinity of JGrass plugins :)
At the moment there is no official release, therefore they have to be checked out from the official SVN repository, i.e. take all you can get from here. or simply do from commandline:
svn checkout https://svn.dev.cocos.bz//svnroot/jgrass/jgrass3.0/trunk
- trunc - here you find the base plugins, these should always work. Blame me if they don't!
- community/moovida - this is my playground, so don't be too scared. Not all of the plugins are ready to rumble, but some of them will soon go trunc. What does NOT work or is NOT needed (i.e. DON'T blame me if they do not work):
- eu.hydrologis.jgrass.advancedstyletest - is just a test for SLD stuff
- eu.hydrologis.jgrass.mapgraphicdragger - drag legends and so for a walk
- eu.hydrologis.jgrass.chart - has been a try for a view with BIRT charting
- eu.hydrologis.jgrass.dwgdxf.datastores - this will come whenever there will be founds for it
- eu.hydrologis.jgrass.feature - this is useless, for now
- eu.hydrologis.jgrass.java2c2fortran.and.back - an example for bridging java-C-fortran in udig. Wrapped in an operation.
- eu.hydrologis.jgrass.renderer.sites - renderer for old GRASS sites, not maintained for now
- eu.hydrologis.jgrass.visad.libs - needs java3d
- eu.hydrologis.jgrass.visad.view - needs java3d
last updated 2008_03_26